Bright Writes – for words that dazzle
No spin, no hype – just your story, honestly told.
This is an ethical approach to copywriting, journalism and PR, helping you to share your story in the right way.
When you’re busy, getting the message across about your great work can be at the bottom of your to-do list… and that’s where I come in!
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Businesses doing something new and exciting
- Small charities keen to raise their profiles
- Community groups with a project that needs sharing
- Anyone keen to get people talking about their work and their ethos
MORE ABOUT ME…
I’m Ellie Evans, a freelance NCE-qualified journalist with 19 years’ experience in print and online. I’m an excellent editor and proof-reader who’s passionate about punchy copy and punctuation, and a quick-thinking communications expert with experience of running national campaigns. You can read more about my experience and some glowing testimonials on my LinkedIn profile here.
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
Here are just some of the areas where I can lend my expertise to help you:
- Traditional media relations: writing and sending out press releases for journalists in print, online, and for radio and TV then following these up to secure interviews
- Copywriting – or editing your copy for you
- Writing for your website, carefully balancing the need to meet SEO demands with a journalist’s eye
- Proofreading to make sure you’re word-perfect
- Content creation of all types, including blogs and newsletters to get you noticed
- Developing tone of voice for your brand
- Social media strategies and support, plus training for your team if it’s needed
- Monitoring web traffic
- Video filming and editing
WHY WORK WITH ME?
- I have a great eye for a story, honed over nearly two decades
- I can offer a compelling writing style with a clear call to action for your audience
- Fast turnaround – I love a deadline!
- A flexible service for projects of any scale
- Tip-top planning and organisational skills
- I’m always friendly, approachable and collaborative
You can see some examples of my work here.
Collaborating with Ellie on Rebel Boob was an incredible boost for my theatre company. Ellie handled all aspects of the PR, social media and outreach to charities and organisations, raising our profile and making sure the right people heard about our work; which in turn led to interviews and articles in newspapers and magazines. It was a joy to work alongside her, as she is a trustworthy and reliable professional, and I really appreciated her listening to the values and ethos which are important to my company, and combining all this information together to create a comprehensive and organised process for us to apply. The positive impact of her involvement was present in the success of the production!Angela El-Zeind, founder of Speak Up! Act Out! theatre company
Ellie is a delight to work with. She’s quick, accurate and her content is engaging. I would heartily recommend working with her.Jackie Mitchell, Commercial Digital Content Editor for JPI Media
Ellie is a top communications specialist who is a great asset in any team. Always conscientious, articulate and methodical, she produces great results. I would highly recommend Ellie – she’s a pleasure to work with.Sarah Moss, Director of Communications, Action Medical Research
Ellie is one of the brightest, most enthusiastic journalists I know. Hard-working and fizzing with ideas, Ellie can always be relied upon to deliver well-written, crisp and entertaining copy. She is well-organised, versatile, and experience in both print and digital publication. A first-class all-rounder.Alan Cooper, Head of Print at The News, Portsmouth